Tuesday 30 March 2010

Doesn't time fly when you are having fun!

Wow! I can't believe after this there is only one more thing to do. I think that the ability to add gadgets to both your blog and your igoogle page has huge benefits. It allows you to collate all your web 2.0 presences in only one or two places. Being able to add Flickr to your blog means that you can have new pictures up on your blog straight aways without having to upload them separately. Although you may not want some of your pictures to end up on a blog which is meant to be purely professional. I am sure it wouldn't look good if I had pictures of my nephew on a blog aimed at promoting myself in the job market (however cute he is!)

I think it is a definite plus to have delicious on my igoogle page as I often forget to check what new thinks there are on there and having them on my igoogle page means it remind me every time I am on it what URL I have added to delicious recently. If you had an igoogle page for your library you could have gadgets relating to your catalogue, google books or to relevant Delicious bookmarks.

No comments:

Post a Comment