Tuesday 6 April 2010

Thing 23- My thoughts on Web 2.0

Being part of the 23things project has been a fantastic way to learn more of about Web 2.0. Some of the things covered have been completely new to me and so it has been very useful to find out about a wider range of Web 2.0 tools and to see what other people think of them as well. Even when we were looking at some tool that I had already used it was useful to take another look with libraries in mind. I think that the thing that I have learnt about and now use the most has to be Twitter. When people first started using Twitter I could never see how it could be useful to me either personally or professionally. However providing you follow the right people and check it regularly it has enabled me to find out a great deal of useful information. The best feature of Twitter has to be when people include URL in there Tweets. This has lead to many interesting articles.

I guess the thing which I am least likely to use again is Flickr at least in a professional context. If I start writing a personal blog then having photos streamed into it from Flickr would be useful but I am not sure how useful it would be professionally. I think that I will continue to use Google Docs in the way that I have always done but perhaps start to use ThinK ------- for working on documents remotely. I will also definitely use Google Reader and igoogle after the end of this Web 2.0 project.

I am looking forward to seeing how other libraries which I come into contact with in the future use Web 2.0.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting to the end! Glad you've enjoyed it and found it useful.

    Could you add the labels gadget to your blog so that it's easier for us to see that you've done everything when we come to check?

    ReplyDelete